Irvine Valley's men's tennis team moved a step close to another Orange Empire Conference title with a 8-1 win over Riverside on Thursday at Riverside.
Irvine Valley, which has won the conference titles two years running, improved its record to 12-2 overall and 6-0 in conference action.
The Lasers have a two-match lead over Orange Coast with four conference matches left to play in the regular season.
Irvine Valley till take on Cypress along with Kenyon College next Tuesday and then travel to Fullerton next Thursday before having a week off for spring break.
Riverside's record fell to 7-6 overall and 3-3 in conference.
The Lasers, who are the defending state champion and ranked No. 1 in Southern California, won five of six matches in singles and all three doubles contests.
Fryer only allowed two games and Paz and Pham each only gave up three games in their victories.
Figlia and Navarro defeated Toan Do and Samuel Paque, 8-1, at the No. 1 position.
Riverside, which is ranked No. 7 in So. Cal., got a win from Paque at No. 1 singles.
Irvine Valley 8, Riverside 1
1) Samuel Paque (RCC) def. Flavien Raveau (IVC), 6-3, 2-1 ret.
2) Juan Navarro (IVC) def. Victor Iove (RCC,) 7-5 ret.
3) Scott Paz (IVC) def. Stanislas Bedrune (RCC), 6-0, 6-3
4) Tony Selim (IVC) def. Matthieu Tabanon (RCC), 6-2, 6-4
5) Kevin Pham (IVC) def. Trent Harris (RCC), 6-1, 6-2
6) Jack Fryer (IVC) def. Toan Do (RCC), 6-2, 6-0
1) Bruno Figlia/Navarro (IVC) def. Do/ Paque (RCC), 8-1
2) Gavin Lynch/Pham (IVC) def. Bedrune/Diego Olivarez (RCC), 8-2
3) Fryer/Rafael Lourenco (IVC) def. Trent Harris/Matthieu Tabanon (RCC), 8-3