Irvine Valley's women's tennis team was right with Glendale after the six singles contests in a nonconference match at home on Tuesday afternoon.
But Glendale pulled out the first two doubles matches and defeated the Lasers, 5-4.
IVC's record slipped to 1-3 overall, while Glendale improved its record to 3-2.
Irvine valley won singles matches at the first, fifth and sixth positions.
Freshman Sarah Mae Garcia defeated Glendale's Victoriya Shumakova, 7-6, 6-4, at No. 1 singles, sophomore Karina Ryabokonova won, 6-1, 7-5, at the No. 5 spot, and sophomore Sierra Mazzarini came out on top, 6-4, 6-2, at the No. 6 position.
Glendale won matches at No. 1 and No. 2 doubles to clinch the overall victory.
The team of Shumakova and Meredy Gharabegi defeated IVC's Garcia and freshman Samantha Schwarz, 8-6, at the top spot and the team of Veronika Galstyan and Tsukimi Ono beat Laser freshmen Samantha Paz and Lou Baize, 8-2.
IVC's third doubles team of Ryabokonova and Mazzarini won, 8-6.
Irvine Valley now has some time off before starting Orange Empire Conference action. The Lasers open Feb. 23 with a home match against Cypress at 2 p.m.
Glendale 5, Irvine Valley 4
1) Sarah Mae Garcia (IVC) def. Victoriya Shumakova (GC), 7-6, 6-4
2) Tsukimi Ono (GC) def. Samantha Paz (IVC), 6-4, 6-1
3) Meredy Gharabegi (GC) def. Lou Baize (IVC), 6-3, 6-2
4) Veronika Galstyan (GC) def. Sammie Schwarz (IVC), 6-4, 6-4
5) Karina Ryabokonova (IVC) def. Melonti Emmanouilidi (GC) , 6-1, 7-5
6) Sierra Mazzarini (IVC) def. Alex Mendez (GC), 6-4, 6-2
1) Shumakova/Gharabegi (GC) def. Garcia/Schwarz (IVC), 8-6
2) Galstyan/Ono (GC) def. Paz/Baize (IVC), 8-2
3) Ryabokonova/Mazzarini (IVC) def. Emmanouilidi/Mendez (GC), 8-6