Irvine Valley's men's tennis team ran up what is expected to be its toughest competition in the Orange Empire Conference on Tuesday.
The Lasers ran away with a 7-2 win over Saddleback on the road.
The Lasers improved their record to 6-0 overall and 3-0 in conference.
IVC is the defending conference champion and finished second in the state last season.
Irvine Valley is ranked No. 1 in Southern California this year.
The Lasers won all six singles matches at Saddleback on Tuesday, capturing five of the six in straight sets.
IVC sophomore Guillermo Ucelay, who is reigning conference player of the year, defeated Adam Bagby at No. 1 singles, 6-4, 6-2.
Paz pulled out a three-set win at No. 6 singles for IVC. He battled back to beat Grant VanderHayden, 4-6, 6-4, 7-5.
Irvine Valley won two of the three matches in doubles.
Ucelay and Guillin defeated Kevin Stanley and Ryan Mariano, 9-8, at No. 1 doubles.
The Lasers dropped the match at No. 2 doubles, but the team of Williams and Paz won, 8-2, at the No. 3 position.
Irvine Valley plays again on Thursday at Orange Coast in another conference match.
Irvine Valley def. Saddleback, 7-2
1) Guillermo Ucelay (IVC) def. Adam Bagdy (SADD), 6-4, 6-2
2) Simon Guillin (IVC) def. Jake Stivers (SADD), 6-1, 6-2
3) Flavien Raveau (IVC) def. Ryan Mariano (SADD), 6-3, 7-5
4) Carson Williams (IVC) def. Kevin Stanley (SADD), 6-0, 6-1
5) Tony Selim (IVC) def. Vance La (SADD), 6-4, 6-2
6) Scott Paz (IVC) def. Grant VanderHayden(SADD), 4-6, 6-4, 7-5
1) Ucelay/Guillin (IVC) def. Stanley/Mariano (SADD), 9-8
2) Bagdy/Stivers (SADD) def. Selim/Valentin Baize (IVC), 8-2
3) Williams/Paz (IVC) def. Kian Saidi/La (SADD), 8-2